Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Wow! Some Duck!

Today I had to give my ducks a bath... it was very hard because they are very big now and cannot fit into their old bathtub, so I had to clean them one at a time. I learned that one of my ducks particular, Louis, is very scared of me.. I do not know why because I had the ducklings for 3 weeks now, but every time I come near him he runs... It is hard to change their bedding when he is squirming and I need to get him out of the cage... It upsets me that I have to have a duck that does not like me.. So I decided "It was time for fun time" with him so he will not be afraid of me. I surely hope it works because if it doesn't when he is bigger, and I teach the ducks to fly, he won't come back to me and he will have a 40% change of surviving in the prairie pond ( a little pond in the middle of a high grassed private land with only 1 male duck living there ) which is extremely wild landscape. Once, the area was a beautiful neighbor hood until, deer and raccoons and etc; decided they would destroy all the property and they just turned that area into a field, well it didn't start like that, they turned the cement into dirt and grass grew everywhere causing more wild life to come and the only memory of this neighborhood is 4 different car tires in the pond, a red fire hydrant, a cement pile, rock stack, and a bunch of houses on the side of the field but with fine fencing. Well, the point was for me to describe the history of the prairie pond and why it would be so dangerous for my ducks. Starting tomorrow, I will earn Louis's trust and we will be best friends! I will keep you guys updated about how it turns out tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment